• Ripple Video
  • Null Network
  • youtube
  • Flickr
  • Saturday, November 24, 2007


    Handwriting
    By Sean Ripple
    www.Flickr.com/photos/flatlife



    Some unknown number of times I’ve written in the address for the office on the mailing label for the envelope. Sure, it cramps my hand a little to do so. More importantly, I’m aware of the fact that this is a highly inefficient way to address the label for the envelope. In an effort to achieve efficiency, I could create a template for the office address and print the address on a large number of labels so that I have a preprinted option for addressing the office. As an added benefit, I’m sure the office addressed would appreciate receiving a more neatly addressed envelope – my handwriting is pretty pitiful.

    I don’t refuse the more efficient/neater to read addressing method out of some poetic resistance to technology…come on, this is the 21st century...who has time for such a ridiculous stance? Inevitably, that which we are accustomed to changes (yet strangely this trite sentiment does not) so why be a muddy stick in the keyboard if I can help it?

    I don’t get around to creating an address template for the office because I enjoy writing by hand (muddy stick in the keyboard metaphor be dammed)…just as the programmer enjoys programming a program that provides people the option to avoid having to do so.

    Comments on ""

     

    Blogger Karl said ... (8:37 AM) : 

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

    post a comment